Sunday, August 15, 2010

Granted.

I have wanted a Cowichan sweater for sometime now. It took me quite a long time to find out the name for these sweaters. But once I did the designs and quality in these sweaters are just stunning. A traditional Cowichan sweater is knit by hand from high quality wool by members of the native Canadian tribe the Cowichan and feature Canadian motifs like deer, whales, snowflakes....


Granted in Vancouver has taken a modern spin on the traditional Cowichan and I am very excited for them to unveil their fall/winter collection any day now. Here are a few pieces from their previous collections....



I would definitely like to add both a traditional Cowichan sweater and a more modern one to my closet this winter. You must get your orders in shortly because as they are knit by hand the wait time is 3-4 months.



2 comments:

  1. Hi - I love the cowichan sweater with the thunderbird and whale, do you have a pattern for this sweater in a boy's size 2-3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fortunate enough to own 2 Cowichan sweaters, mine and my late mother's. I also have two Cowichan toques. My distant cousin Jennifer is a Cowichan knitter. If you want another sweaters look for Jenny's Cowichan knits online

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails